The City of Olney provides online access to the following minutes for transparency, and as a courtesy to the citizens of Olney. The City of Olney will provide a copy of the recorded minutes to anyone who requests a copy. While you can always contact City Hall directly by calling 940-564-2102, you may submit information requests by:
(1) Appearing in person at City Hall at 201 E Main St, Olney, Texas 76374; or,
(2) Mailing your request to the City Secretary at PO Box 546, Olney, Texas 76374; or,
(3) Faxing your request to 940-564-5496.
(4) Emailing your request to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please note that the City is not legally obligated to post minutes online per Texas Government Code, Section 2051.151, which states:
"Any city that has the authority to impose a tax that has maintained a publicly accessible Internet website at any time on or after January 1, 2019, must post the following information on a publicly accessible Internet website:
(1) the city’s contact information, including a mailing address, telephone number, and e-mail address; (2) each elected officer of the city; (3) the date and location of the next election for officers of the city; and (4) the requirements and deadline for filing for candidacy of each elected office of the city, which shall be continuously posted for at least one year before the election day for the office;
In addition, any city in a county with 25,000 or more population, and a city with a population of 5,000 or more in a county with less than 25,000 population, must post the following additional information on a publicly accessible Internet website:
(1) each notice of a meeting of the city’s governing body under the Open Meetings Act; and,
(2) the minutes of a meeting of the city’s governing body."
The population of Young County as of the 2010 Census is 18,550, and the population of the City of Olney as of the 2010 Census is 3,285.
U.S. Census Bureau
Texas Government Code